Fidelity Extended Hours Trading: Premarket Schedule

What time can I trade on Fidelity?

You can execute trades on Fidelity during normal market hours: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.

What time does Fidelity pre-market open?

Premarket trading on Fidelity starts at 7:00 a.m. and ends at 9:28 a.m. ET

Can I trade on Fidelity after market close?

Yes, you can still buy and sell stocks outside of normal business operations. Specifically, you get an additional 4 hours to invest after the market close.

Here is the extended-hours schedule: 4:00 p.m to 8:00p.m ET.

How do I enable extended hours trading on Fidelity?

To trade within the pre-market and extended hours, your account needs to be coded for extended-hours trading. You can follow this tutorial to get started.

How risky is it to trade during after-market and pre-market hours?

Yes, it is much riskier to trade after-market and pre-market hours than during regular hours. I would not recommend it. Very volatile. It’s not for the inexperienced. However, it can be very lucrative. Look at the bid-ask spread of stocks without much volume in pre-market and the spread is really high sometimes.

Can I still place a trade for tomorrow’s morning?

You’ll be prompted with the following warning for any market orders placed outside of Fidelity’s authorized trading hours.

(000915) Please use caution when placing market orders while the market is closed. If placed, your order will be eligible for trading on the following business day. Securities may open sharply below or above where they closed the previous day.

preview-fidelity-order-outside-market-hours