Can’t Trade Penny Stocks on Fidelity? Here’s a Quick Fix

Someone asks:

I know I had to turn on real time quotes and enable penny trading-neither were automatically on. So I’m wondering if any of these have a solution I am unaware of, figured what can it hurt to ask?

Follow the steps below to enable penny stock trading for your Fidelity account.

Why Can’t I Trade Penny Stocks on Fidelity?

Penny stock trading can be a bit tricky and risky. For that reason, Fidelity has implemented a precautionary measure.

By default, Fidelity accounts do not have penny stock trading enabled. This step ensures customers know the potential risks before engaging in penny stock transactions.

How To Enable Penny Stocks on Fidelity

Step 1: Head over to Fidelity’s penny stock trading agreement page.

Step 2: Select the account you’d like to use for trading penny stocks.

Step 3: Read and agree to the acknowledgment of risks.

Step 4: Congratulations! Your Fidelity account is now eligible for penny stock trading.

You won’t be able to buy or sell penny stocks on Fidelity until you’ve completed this agreement. It’s designed to protect traders and investors.

Fidelity Penny Stocks Fees

Trading penny stocks on Fidelity is generally commission-free. However, there’s an exception. Some penny stocks that aren’t DTC eligible may be subject to a foreign settlement fee of $50.

Diego, a seasoned financial analyst in New York, brings a decade of expertise to guiding financial decisions. As a blogger for UseFidelity.com, he simplifies finance, offering insights on Fidelity Investments. Beyond numbers, he explores NYC's culture and enjoys capturing moments through his photography.

Leave a Comment