How To View Total Commissions and Fees Paid on Fidelity

Someone asks:

Where in Fidelity can I find a list of fees and trading commissions that have been paid? I looked through my Account Statements, but that only show commissions for individual trades.

It can be tricky to keep track of all the different fees associated with your account. Fortunately, Fidelity makes it easy to view this info on their website.

Here’s what you need to do if you want to know how much you spent on commissions and fees this year.

How To Find Total Commissions Paid on Fidelity

To view your total commissions and fees paid, log in to your Fidelity account and click on the “Accounts” tab. Under “All Accounts”, you’ll see a list of all the accounts you have with Fidelity.

Select a specific account that you wish to view and click on Balances. At the bottom of the page click on “Commissions & Price Improvement Summary.”

A new popup will be opened to show you the total commissions paid to Fidelity. You can also see the total price improvements that Fidelity made to your orders.

Why is this data important?

It is critical for investors to understand how much they are paying in commissions because it can have a significant impact on their returns over time.