Can’t short $GME. This is the error I received.
(PA0012) Your order to sell short can not be accepted. The security is either ineligible to short, there are currently no shares available to short, or there are insufficient shares available to meet your request. Please review your share quantity or contact a representative for additional detail.
- The stock is not shortable on Fidelity.
- Shares are hard to borrow.
- The amount of shares you’re trying to short exceeds the amount available for shorting.
- Find another stock for short selling.
- Adjust the number of shares (in quantity) before submitting the short order again.
- Call Fidelity and ask them to find the shares for you to short.